Assembling a Raspberry Pi
This section helps you with the physical assembly of a Raspberry Pi.
- SD card written with an image as described in Prepare an SD Card.
- A HDMI monitor or TV as a display for the Pi, and a micro HDMI - HDMI cable to connect them.
- A standard Ethernet cable for internet access. Alternatively, you can use the built-in wireless LAN of the Raspberry Pi.
- A USB keyboard.
- A 5V USB-C power supply to power your Raspberry Pi.
- It is highly recommended to equip your Raspberry Pi with a fan and run the fan at full speed.
Connect the cables to your Raspberry Pi.
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the Raspberry Pi. It only fits one way.
- Plug your USB keyboard into an USB slot on the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the Raspberry Pi and your monitor or TV.
- Turn on the monitor or TV, and select the correct HDMI input.
- Connect the Raspberry to the Internet.
- Recommended Connect an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port next to the USB ports. Make sure that the other end of the cable is connected to a router or a switch.
- Otherwise, you will have to set up a wireless connection later.
- When you have plugged in all the required cables and SD card, plug in the micro USB power supply. It automatically turns on and boots.
(Image source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Raspberry_Pi_4_Model_B_-_Side.jpg)